What is a cookie?
A “cookie” is a small amount of text that is stored in your browser (such as Google’s Chrome or Apple’s Safari) when you browse most websites.
What is NOT a cookie?
It is not a virus, Trojan, worm, spam, spyware or pop-up.
What information does a cookie store?
Cookies do not usually store sensitive information about you, such as credit card or bank details, photographs or personal information, etc. The data they store are of a technical nature, statistics, personal preferences, personalisation of content, etc.
The web server does not associate you as a person but your web browser. In fact, if you usually browse with the Chrome browser and try browsing the same website with the Firefox browser, you will see that the website does not realise that you are the same person because it is actually associating the information with the browser, not the person.
What types of cookies are there?
- Technical Cookies: These are the most basic and allow, among other things, to know when a human or an automated application is browsing, when an anonymous user and a registered user are browsing, basic tasks for the operation of any dynamic website.
- Analysis Cookies: These collect information on the type of browsing you are doing, the sections you use most, products consulted, time of use, language, etc.
- Advertising Cookies: These show advertising based on your browsing habits, your country of origin, language, etc.
Cookies accepted by the regulation and excepted cookies
According to the EU directive, the cookies that require the user’s informed consent are analytical cookies and advertising and affiliation cookies, with the exception of technical cookies and those necessary for the operation of the website or the provision of services expressly requested by the user.
What cookies does this website use?
This website uses its own and third party cookies. The following cookies are used on this website and are detailed below:
- Login: Login cookies allow you to log in and log out of your https://www.shortola.com account.
- Personalisation: Cookies help us remember which people or websites you have interacted with, so we can show you related content.
- Preferences: Cookies allow us to remember your settings and preferences, such as your preferred language and privacy settings
This website uses analysis services, specifically, Google Analytics to help the website analyse how users use the website and improve its usability, but in no case are they associated with data that could identify the user. Google Analytics, is a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc here the type of cookies used by Google.
Social media cookies
Social media cookies may be stored in your browser while you are browsing https://www.shortola.com for example, when you use the share button on https://www.shortola.com on a social network.
Below, you have information about the cookies of the social networks used by this website in their own cookie policies:
- Facebook cookies, see more information on their cookies policy.
- Twitter cookies, see more information on their cookies policy.
- Cookies from Instagram, see more information on their cookies policy.
- Youtube cookies, see more information on their cookies policy.
- WhatsApp cookies, see more information on your cookies policy.
We use affiliate service platforms that use browser cookies to track sales that originated on this site in affiliate programmes with which this site partners.
Can cookies be deleted?
Yes, and not only delete, but also block, either generally or for a specific domain.
To delete cookies from a website, you should go to your browser settings and there you can search for the cookies associated with the domain in question and delete them.
Acceptance of cookies
More information about cookies
If you wish to have greater control over the installation of cookies, you can install programmes or add-ons to your browser, known as “Do Not Track” tools, which will allow you to choose which cookies you wish to allow.